2023 UPCOMING MANDATORY MEETINGS
April TBD- Chapter Zoom Session- 8:30 PM
Rockland Westchester Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association
A new success, another milestone. You worked hard,
you deserve it. Please accept my congratulations.
July 1, 2019
NO WALK INS
On-Field Training Session with:
Kermit Quisenberry, Lance VanHaitsma,
John Collins and others PRO Coaches
NISOA ECSR CLINIC
at Fordham University
6/8/19 Clinic in Pictures
1. Please make sure your availability is updated on ArbiterSports. Assignments are being posted.
2. Many local comferences are requiring the use of headsets for all matches. RWISOA will include the NCAA training on headsets in the pre-season clinics.
3. NCAA Division 2 playing calendar has moved back a week. The conference tournament will be the weekend of 11/15 through 11/17.
4. All referees MUST pass the NISOA fitness test and fulfill all RWISOA requirements. If you accept assignments, and you have NOT met the requirements your games will be unassigned and you will be removed from the assignors rosters.
5. All referees MUST pass the NISOA fitness test and fulfill all RWISOA requirements. If you accept assignments, and you have NOT met the requirements you will be unassigned from the games and you and you will be removed from the assignors rosters.
"Local and National Assignors strongly recommend every active RWISOA referee to request at least one (1) assessment every two (2) years."
The number one purpose of the RWISOA Assessment Program is to improve the skill level of our referees and to provide our assignors a pool of elite college officials.
All assessments are shared with all local assignors, conferences' officials coordinators, NISOA Region II Coordinator and the NISOA Director of Assessments.
NEW RWISOA OFFICIALS
As described in the RWISOA Inc. Bylaws Aritcle II Section I.4, all Rockland Westchester Intercollegiate Soccer Probationary Officials must pass three (3) field performance assessments in their two (2) years of probation. Two (2) must be while performing as a Referee and one as an Assistant Referee. Referee assessments must be at the high school varsity level or higher, while Assistant Referee assessments must be at the collegiate level or higher (NCAA, NJCAA, College Club, or any collegiate pre-approved by the Executive Board of Directors).
EDUCATION & TRAINING NEWS
The 2019 NISOA refreshers' exam for
RWISOA officials will be online.
More information coming soon!
DID YOU KNOW?
2019 NCAA SOCCER RULES FACTS
Field Training at Mercy College
7/17/19 - 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Video Review - Communication Systems
Vanishing Spray - Alt. Official and more.
More information coming soon!
Assignors are using RWISOA.org to ID referees for their 2019 rosters. It's important that all RWISOA referees UPDATE their online portfolio.
Information Needed: email to email@example.com
- a picture (head-shot)
- your 2018 NCAA Test Score (if you have it)
- NISOA Refresher Test for 2018 (if you have it)
- college assessments for the last 3 years (if you have them)
- a brief description of the games and conferences you have worked (except for new referees).
Make sure you request access to our Members Only page in our website. www.rwisoa.org
Our primary method of communication is through email BUT we push out a lot of valuable information via social media.
- RWISOA Official Website: www.rwisoa.org
- Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/RWISOA/
- Facebook LIVE: https://facebook.com/Rwisoa.Referees
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rwisoa
- YouTube Channel: Click here